Jobs at ContactOffice: Linux System Engineer (m/f)
Our passionate team is behind the ContactOffice (www.contactoffice.com) technology, one of the European leaders in the field of cloud collaboration (calendar, contacts, documents, e-mail, SMS, fax…). Our application is available both in Cloud or licence mode. ContactOffice counts among its customers leading corporations and universities such as TNT Airways, Laborelec, Ores, the universities of Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, etc.We are also the team behind a number of popular sites such as www.mail.be, www.mailfence.com,…
In order to support our growth, ContactOffice Group is currently seeking a professionally experienced Linux System Engineer.
Are you ready to discover a challenging position combining cloud technologies, big data and high performance in a seamless user experience ?
Here is what we’re looking for
- Relevant Work : Experience: 6+ years
- Career Level: Experienced
- Position: Senior System Engineer
- Education Level: Master in sciences (no soft sciences master such as Philisophy, languages, …)
- Job Type: Employee
- Job Status: Full Time
- Location: Brussels (Boitsfort)
- Must have advanced experience with Linux systems (Debian, RedHat, …)
- Must have advanced experience with virtualization tools (Xen, KVM, …);
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols is a must;
- Good knowledge of firewalling as well as advanced filed system for large volume storage (LVS, LVM, …) would be a plus;
- Knowledge of Java technologies would be a plus;
Some remote home work will be possible.
Some day travels to customer’s premises might be required (although very rare in practice).
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of our server infrastructure
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of the server infrastructure of our customers
- Update of the ContactOffice application on our servers and on the servers of our customers
- Updating and maintenance of the procedures and documents relative to our system operations
- Will take gradually take full responsibilities on daily operations, maintenance and monitoring of 80 Linux systems;
- Maintenance and monitoring of network and firewall
- Management of log files and appropriate actions
- Setup and maintenance of monitoring and alert system
- Participation in definition of system, network and security policy of the company
- Training of customers in system and maintenance aspects.
- Support towards our private label customers of the business critical locally hosted or externally hosted versions of our application
- Physical intervention on the servers whenever distant intervention is not possible
- Work with advanced IT technologies, such as enterprise messaging protocols, high volume storage and databases as well as online billing system
- Will take in charge the bi-weekly or weekly maintenance of the ContactOffice applications;
- Will be part of an ‘On Call’ team for night/weekend alerts mangement.
- Will take in charge the setup of the ContactOffice applications on remote client devices as well as fine tuning setups for best performance;
- Will take in charge the setup, maintenance and tuning of side applications (Postfix, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, DCC, Nagios, Munin, Apache, Jetty, Java, Java VM ….);
- Will take in charge level3 support requests;
- Will take in charge scripting (bash, perl, …) and log analysis;
Are you awesome at internet technologies and protocoles with a passion for system engineering and you don’t take yourself too serious?
Then please submit your application to email@example.com now and include the following information
- Your resume
- Any work examples
- Why you’d be a great fit with our team
- Your LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Facebook profile URL
- Any other profile that might be of interest: Github, Bitbucket,…