Jobs at ContactOffice: Linux Application Engineer (m/f)
Our passionate team is behind the ContactOffice (www.contactoffice.com) technology, one of the European leaders in the field of cloud collaboration (calendar, contacts, documents, e-mail, SMS, fax…). Our application is available both in Cloud or licence mode. ContactOffice counts among its customers leading corporations and universities such as TNT Airways, Laborelec, Ores, the universities of Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, etc. We are also the team behind a number of popular sites such as www.mail.be, www.mailfence.com,…
In order to support our growth, ContactOffice Group is currently seeking a professionally experienced Linux Administrator engineer.
Are you ready to discover a challenging position combining cloud technologies, big data and high performance in a seamless user experience ?
Here is what we’re looking for
- Relevant Work : Experience: 6+ years
- Career Level: Experienced
- Position: Linux Application Engineer
- Education Level: Preferably a Master in sciences
- Job Type: Employee
- Job Status: Full Time
- Location: Brussels (Boitsfort)
- Profile: You have a real passion for internet technologies and protocoles. A love for finding creative and thoughtful solutions to a variety of technical and product challenges. You are start-up minded and willing to work in an innovative entrepreneurial atmosphere. In addition you have a positive and customer–friendly attitude.
- Languages: Working knowledge of French and English. Dutch would not harm either.
- Knowledge of: Web-application environments (Java), Linux Debian, SMTP, POP, IMAP, ActiveSync, Dav,…, Service Management Tools to process and document incidents, Scripting Languages (Shell), Good writing and communication skills
- Nice to have: Windows , MySQL, Versant Fastobjects., Apache/Tomcat,…, Java, System monitoring tools (Nagios)
Some remote home work will be possible.
Some day travels to customer’s premises might be required (although very rare in practice).
- Support towards our private label customers of the business critical locally hosted or externally hosted versions of our application
- Thorough testing of new functionalities and versions of our application
- Translation of customer needs into clear specifications for our developpers
- Maintain a detailed understanding of ContactOffice application functionalities
- Agile handover of new applications, functionalities and technologies into production for our customers. Potentially also through writing of clear and concise online help and tutorials
- Work with advanced IT technologies, such as enterprise messaging protocols, high volume storage and databases as well as online billing system
Are you awesome at internet technologies and protocoles with a very customer friendly attitude and you don’t take yourself too serious?
Then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org now and include the following information
- Your resume
- Any work examples
- Why you’d be a great fit with our team
- Your LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Facebook profile URL
- Any other profile that might be of interest: Github, Bitbucket,…