How to create a Web folder (Virtual drive) in Windows Vista?
Our virtual drive (WebDAV server for the techies) works with all operating systems, including Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT, Me, 98, 95 (time to upgrade, though), Mac OS and Linux (all flavours).
Using the virtual drive, you can easily open files from your virtual office, save them from your favorite application and import or export files and folders using drag & drop.
- Go to “Computer”.
- Click on “Map network drive” in the horizontal menu.
- Click on “Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures”.
- Click on “Choose a custom network location”.
- Enter the following URL: https://www.contactoffice.com/docs/YOUR_LOGIN
- Enter your login and password.
It seems that you can’t double click on folders and documents to open them: you have to right click on them and then choose “Open”.
Note: If you get an error message stating that the Web folder location is invalid, download this Windows Vista patch and apply it.